A healthy, fresh dip to serve alongside your favourite stir fry or dumplings. Try it with our homemade rice paper rolls.
VIETNAMESE DIPPING SAUCE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 53.67 (161)
- Carbs: 2.67 (8)
- Fat: 4.33 (13)
- Protein: 1.33 (4)
- Sodium: 1074 (3222)
- Sugar: 0.33 (1)
- Serves 3
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 birds eye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped (add to taste)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 lemongrass, remove outer layer and finely chop
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, picked
- 1. Measure the fish sauce, lime, water, vinegar and sesame oil to a small bowl and whisk together until combined.
- 2. Add the chilli, lemongrass, garlic and coriander and mix through.
- 3. Transfer to a small dipping bowl and top with chopped peanuts.
- 4. Enjoy straight away or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.