I’ve found that vegetable muffins have always been looked down upon. Not many people jump for joy when presented with a veggie muffin. But here I am to change all that! These vegetable muffins are so scrumptious you won’t even realise you’re eating heaps of vegetables! They’re even great to give to your kids to increase their daily veggie intake.
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 142.8 (1714)
- Carbs: 10.2 (122)
- Fat: 9.25 (111)
- Protein: 5.58 (67)
- Sodium: 0.11 (1.32)
- Sugar: 1.9 (23)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 230g self-raising flour
- 120g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 180ml full fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 courgette, grated
- Small handful of spinach, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sweet corn
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C ( 392 degrees F) and grease a muffin tin.
- 2. Mix together the flour and cheese in a large bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, milk and egg.
- 4. Add the courgette, spinach, sweet corn and onion to the bowl with the flour and cheese. Stir in the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly and until combined.
- 5. Divide the mixture evenly in the muffin tin.
- 6. Bake for 25/30 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- 7. Allow to cool before serving.