Chocoholics rejoice! Rich, moist and totally decadent this is the ultimate chocolate mud cake… with a healthy twist of course! Sugar-free and rich in healthy fats, this mud cake makes for the perfect birthday cake or sweet treat!
ULTIMATE SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 285 (2565)
- Carbs: 6.1 (54.9)
- Fat: 24 (216)
- Protein: 7.8 (70.2)
- Sodium: 1.15 (1.31)
- Sugar: 3.2 (29)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1x 100g block dark (85%) chocolate
- 400ml coconut milk (full fat)
- ¾ cup Nuvia Baking
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1. Prepare a regular cake tin by lining with baking paper and/or lightly greasing with coconut oil.
- 2. Heat a medium sized pot of water on the stove until boiling, place a mixing bowl on top. Add the coconut milk and chocolate into the mixing bowl and gently stir until all of the chocolate has melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate – keep gently stirring until a gorgeous silky chocolate consistency is reached.
- 3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, Nuvia baking, vanilla and salt. Add the chocolate mixture and stir gently (make sure mixture has cooled enough to avoid spoiling the egg). Add in the almond meal and mix until all is well combined.
- 5. Place batter into a lined/greased cake tin and bake for 30 mins or until a knife comes out clean.