Chocolate chip cookies are always a crowd pleaser! Crispy on the outside, and soft and fluffy in the middle, making this recipe the ultimate chunky choc chip cookie. Dunked in a perfectly brewed afternoon latte, these vegan, gluten free cookies make the perfect guilt-free afternoon treat to beat that 3pm slump and keep you going through to dinner time!
ULTIMATE CHUNKY CHOC CHIP COOKIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 175 (1750)
- Carbs: 10 (100)
- Fat: 13 (130)
- Protein: 5.1 (51)
- Sodium: 0.0154 (0.154)
- Sugar: 4.4 (44)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Makes 10 cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Nuvia natural sweetener
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 ½ tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plant milk (may need a little more depending on consistency)
- ¼ cup sugar free vegan chocolate chips (I used Sweet Williams baking chocolate chips)
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- 2. In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients (besides chocolate chips).
- 3. Stir until well combined.
- 4. In a separate bowl, add wet ingredients.
- 5. Whisk together until well combined.
- 6. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- 7. Add splashes of plant milk until crumbly dough-like mixture forms. It’s okay if the mixture is super crumbly, it just needs to be moist enough to form together when pressed.
- 8. Fold through chocolate chips.
- 9. Mould into cookie shapes and place on lined baking tray.
- 10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 11. Allow to cool slightly on cooling rack and ENJOY!
TIPS AND TWEAKS
For the plant milk, I like to use flaxmilk (from Ooomega) as I feel like it gives the cookies a naturally sweet, cake-like taste – but a thicker almond or soy milk will work just as well.
I used unsweetened chocolate chips, but if you’d prefer to use regular vegan chocolate (such as loving earth), you could reduce the amount of maple syrup in half.
These cookies are best served warm, and with a dollop of vegan coconut ice cream to compliment the vanilla coconut taste in the cookie!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.