All-time favourite dessert! Enjoy the classic dessert that can be made from home. What more to ask for when our favourite mascarpone cheese filling is sugar-free!
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 473 (3789)
- Carbs: 61.25 (490)
- Fat: 19.4 (155)
- Protein: 11.5 (92)
- Sodium: 0.13 (1.045)
- Sugar: 27.75 (222)
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Idle time: 8 hours
Setting time: 24 hours
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 5 tsp soluble espresso powder
- 2 tsp rum flavouring or 2 tbsp of rum (optional)
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 30 pieces of sponge fingers
- Some cocoa powder (for decoration)
- Coffee mixture
- 1. Brew the coffee and set it aside to cool to room temperature.
- 2. Once the mixture has cool off, add 1 tsp rum flavouring or 1 tbsp rum (optional) and set aside for assembly.
- 1. Using the double boiler method, bring the water in a pot to boil. Whisk egg yolks and 2 tbsp of Nuvia Sweetener in a mixing bowl. Place the mixing bowl with the ingredients over the double boiler and simmer. This should take about 8 to 10 mins. Remove the mixture and set it aside to cool to room temperature.
- 2. In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites, 1 tbsp of Nuvia, 1 tsp rum flavouring or 1 tbsp rum (optional), and ½ tsp of vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- 3. When the egg yolk mixture has reached room temperature, scoop the meringue into the yolk mixture in portions and gently fold to combine both mixtures.
- 4. Add in the mascarpone cheese and fold until you have a smooth mixture.
- 1. Dip the sponge fingers into the cooled coffee mixture and cover the base of your desired container or jar.
- 2. Spread the filling over the first layer of sponge fingers. Repeat process for the second layer of sponge fingers.
- 3. Seal the container and refrigerate.
- 4. Dust cocoa powder over the top of the dessert just before you serve the dessert.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
It is worth the time to search for a better quality mascarpone cheese and espresso coffee, the final taste of your tiramisu depends on them!