The perfect DIY dish when you’re not in the mood for being civil and using a knife and fork. This is a great, colourful meal for get togethers, Saturday nights in or a summer special when you want something that’s healthy but still feels indulgent.
You can sub the prawns for white fish if you’d prefer, or firm tofu if you’re looking for a vegan option. We’ve included a list of crunchy, fresh vegetables for you to choose from but feel free to add or remove whatever takes your fancy.
THAI PRAWN TACOS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 279. 75 (1119)
- Carbs: 28.75 (115)
- Fat: 9.75 (39)
- Protein: 21.25 (85)
- Sodium: 844.75 (3379)
- Sugar: 8 (32)
- Serves 4
- 600g peeled green prawns, tails removed
- 4 tbsps Thai marinade
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into batons
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
- ½ lettuce head or cabbage shredded
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup finely sliced spring onions
- 8 corn tacos*
- Thai guacamole to serve (or sliced avocado with lime)
- 1. Combine peeled prawns and the Thai marinade in a bowl and mix, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for 15 minutes minimum.
- 2. Prepare your taco fillings while waiting for the prawns to marinade and heat tacos according to packet instructions.
- 3. Heat a frypan with olive oil over a medium heat and cook prawns in batches for approx. 1 to ½ minutes each side or until pink.
- 4. Fill tacos with the prawns, cucumber, capsicum, lettuce/cabbage and tomatoes or whichever vegetables tickle your fancy.
- 5. Top with our Thai guacamole and dig in.
*For a gluten-free option, here’s a quick and easy gluten-free flat bread recipe.