These sweet potato frittata slices are a great way to get more veggies into your diet and are an excellent way to trick your kids into eating more vegetables! The slices are gluten-free and super delicious as a light lunch or dinner.
SWEET POTATO FRITTATA SLICE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 137.9 (1379)
- Carbs: 13.6 (136)
- Fat: 5.37 (53.7)
- Protein: 8.64 (86.4)
- Sodium: 0.2 (1.95)
- Sugar: 4.46 (44.6)
- Preparation and cooking time: approx. 35 minutes
Makes 8-10 slices
- 3.5 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 eggs, whole
- 2 eggs whites
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, fresh
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, extra
- 1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
- 2. Grease and line a 24cm by 30cm baking dish and set aside.
- 3. Place diced sweet potato in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for approx. 5 minutes or until potato is just soft. Set aside.
- 4. Heat a fry pan over the stove and add sliced onion and diced capsicum and cook for approx. 2-3 minutes or until softened, remove from pan and set aside.
- 5. Place eggs and egg whites and milk in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- 6. Add ½ cup parmesan cheese and stir through. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 7. Arrange sweet potato, onion and capsicum mixture and fresh basil in the baking dish and pour over whisked egg and parmesan mixture.
- 8. Sprinkle the top with remaining parmesan cheese and place into preheated oven.
- 9. Cook for approx. 20-25 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- 10. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly before slicing.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Store covered with cling wrap or placed in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months in an airtight container wrapped in a freezer bag. For best results, place thawed frittata in the oven to reheat to avoid going soggy.