This cake makes perfect afternoon treat, to satisfy that sweet tooth! It’s mostly made from sweet potatoes which is a delicious low-GI carbohydrate source, providing slow release energy for the body. The blueberries add a delicious sweetness that burst in your mouth.
SWEET POTATO BLUEBERRY BREAD
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 166 (2158)
- Carbs: 10.2 (163.2)
- Fat: 12.6 (201.6)
- Protein: 5.7 (91.2)
- Fibre: 3.7 (59.2)
- Sugar: 2.7 (43.2)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 (about 350g) steamed sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Nuvia Baking
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Optional: coconut vanilla frosting
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp Nuvia Baking
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- 2. In a food processor blend the sweet potato, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
- 3. Add the almond meal, flaxseed and baking powder and blend again.
- 4. Fold in the blueberries then pour into a prepared tin.
- 5. Bake for 45 minutes- 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6. If making frosting, mix all ingredients together in a bowl and set in the fridge to firm up before using.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Keeps for 4-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serve with thick Greek yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or cashew cream.