Portable and perfect for gifting this festive season. Shermaine has created this refined sugar-free biscotti recipe using Nuvia Sweetener and we love it. Try out one of the flavour combinations below or give your own a go?
SUGAR-FREE FESTIVE BISCOTTI
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 176.7 (5302)
- Carbs: 13.4 (401)
- Fat: 12.9 (387)
- Protein: 4.5 (135)
- Sodium: 71.6 (2148)
- Sugar: 2.7 (82)
- Makes 30 biscotti
- FOR THE BISCOTTI
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup Nuvia Sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- (i) FESTIVE FRUIT MIX SPECIAL
- 1 cup dried fruit mix (unsweetened)
- (ii) MATCHA DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND BITES
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (unsweetened)
- 1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- 2. Stir coconut oil (softened) with sweetener until creamy.
- 3. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- 4. In another bowl, mix flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- 5. Add flour mixture to wet mixture bit by bit.
- 6. Fold in almonds and the ingredients in (i) OR (ii), depending on the flavour of your choice.
- 7. Roll out mixture in a baking tin.
- 8. Bake until golden (about 20-30 min).
- 9. Cool for 20 min and slice into desired shapes. (I’ve sliced mine into 5cm x 2cm.)
- 10. Second bake until browned.