There’s nothing more I love more than peanut butter, coffee and chocolate. This raw vegan slice will tick ALL your boxes and is the perfect healthy alternative to a naughty sweet treat. With only healthy fats and sugars, this raw slice will be the cure for your midday sweet tooth cravings and plus, can be stashed away in the freezer for a few weeks and consumed as required… (that is, if they last that long!)
RAW PEANUT BUTTER MOCHA SLICE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 283.8 (3405)
- Carbs: 25.3 (304)
- Fat: 18 (216)
- Protein: 6.5 (78)
- Fibre: 25.2 (302)
- Sugar: 7.6 (91)
- Preparation time: 30-40 minutes
Cooking time: 4-6+ hours
Makes 12 slices
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup buckinis
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup pitted dates, soaked until soft
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
- ¼ cup pitted dates, soaked
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond/soy milk
- 1 shot of coffee
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp Nuvia sweetener
- Chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp almond/soy milk, depending on consistency
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp Nuvia sweetener
- Optional ad ins
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips/cacao nibs
- Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Balls
- 1. Add all the ingredients for the base into a food processor and blend until well combined but still chunky. Press into a lined baking tin and place in the freezer whilst making the filling.
- 2. In a clean food processor, add the cashews and dates, blending until the ingredients are well broken down.
- 3. Add the rest of the ingredients for the filling and blend until smooth. This may take some time, so patience is key! More sweetener can be added according to taste.
- 4. Optional: stir in the walnuts/chocolate chips into the filling mixture OR place balls of raw cookie dough directly over the base layer.
- 5. Pour the filling mixture into the baking tin over the base and place in the freezer for a few hours to set.
- 6. Take the slice out of the freezer and allow to defrost for 10-15 minutes or until you are able to slice through with a knife. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate sauce.
- 7. For the chocolate sauce, combine all the ingredients together, adding more sweetener if necessary and more almond milk until you reach the desired consistency. It should be thick and glossy, yet thin enough to drizzle over the top of the slice.
- 8. Drizzle the sauce over the slice and voila.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
The slice should be served once appropriately defrosted and all layers are soft! Before serving, make sure the slice has been out of the fridge for 10-15 minutes (depending on the temperature outside).