We created this love slice as an easy dessert (or Valentines day creation… it’s next week people) which ticks all the dietary boxes whilst remaining delicious; vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, nut-free… we have your back.
RAW LEMON SLICE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 324.6 (4869)
- Carbs: 10.93 (164)
- Fat: 30.73 (461)
- Protein: 3.86 (58)
- Sodium: 33.66 (505)
- Sugar: 1.13 (17)
- Makes:14‒16 slices
- LEMON LAYER
- 2 cups (180 g) fine desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (200 g) coconut oil, melted
- 120 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ tsp ground turmeric
- ½-1 tsp (4 g) Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tbsp (15 g) hulled tahini paste
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- BASE LAYER
- 1 cup (180 g) buckwheat groats (could use oats or ground almonds)
- ¼ cup (60 g) hulled tahini
- ¼ cup (54 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ tsp sea salt
- Freshly grated lemon zest (to garnish, optional)
- 1. Line a 20 cm x 20 cm square tray (4.5 cm deep) with baking paper.
- 2. Blend the groats and Nuvia Sweetener in a food processor until they form a flour.
- 3. Add the tahini, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt and blend until combined.
- 4. Press the mixture firmly down into the lined tray. Flatten and place in the fridge.
- 5. Melt your coconut oil and add all ingredients, except half of the desiccated coconut, to a high speed food processor.
- 6. Pulse to incorporate everything then blend on high speed until well combined and the mixture begins to stick together.
- 7. Stir through remaining desiccated coconut until well combined. Bring out your base layer from the fridge.
- 8. Dollop the mixture on top of your base layer and flatten down firmly and evenly.
- 9. Set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before slicing. Enjoy.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Could use oranges instead of lemons for a different citrus twist.