If you’re a self-confessed donut fiend like us (loud and proud), or you fancy trying something raw for a change of dessert scenery, these holey rings are a must try.
The raw chocolate coating makes a cracking topping (literally) as you bite in, with the added crack of pink salt to enhance the chocolate flavours.
RAW CHOCOLATE DONUTS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 392.33 (2354)
- Carbs: 23.83 (143)
- Fat: 30.84 (185)
- Ganache frosting
- Calories: 138.34 (830)
- Carbs: 5 (30)
- Fat: 13.16 (79)
- Protein: 8.16 (49)
- Sodium: 36.33 (218)
- Sugar: 3.66 (22)
- Protein: 1.67 (10)
- Sodium: 27.17 (163)
- Sugar: 0.17 (1)
- Makes 6 donuts
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (can use gluten-free oats)
- 3 tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1⁄3 tsp pink salt
- 1 cup nut butter of choice (we used cashew)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Nuvia Sweetener
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- GANACHE FROSTING
- 1⁄2 cup cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- 1⁄4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp pink salt
- 1. Blend Nuvia Sweetener in a high-speed food processor until it becomes a powdered consistency, resembling icing sugar.
- 2. Add the rolled oats and blend and pulse as needed, until the mixture forms a fine oat flour.
- 3. Pour in the cacao powder, coconut flour, salt and pulse a few more times until combined.
- 4. Place the cashew butter, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil in with the blended ingredients and continue to blend until it forms a dough.
- 5. If you have a donut pan, coat with melted coconut oil (unless it’s non-stick), and press the dough into the pan. Alternatively, you can shape the donut mixture by hand. Simply roll the dough into a sausage shape join and press the ends together.
- 6. Refrigerate your donuts for 30 minutes or until firm whilst you make the chocolate ganache.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1. Blend the Nuvia Sweetener in a high-speed food processor until it becomes a powdered consistency.
- 2. Melt your coconut oil,add this and all remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- 3. Remove your donuts from the freezer and place them onto a cooling rack.
- 4. Pour the sugar-free ganache over your donuts using a mental spoon and popthem into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
Store your donuts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month.