Serve with skim milk and fresh berries or alternatively spoon over yogurt and enjoy as a healthy treat any time of the day.
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 919.8 (4599)
- Carbs: 53.4 (267)
- Fat: 69.6 (348)
- Protein: 19.4 (97)
- Sodium: 103.2 (516)
- Sugar: 8.4 (42)
- Approximate preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes approximately 4-5 cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pepitas
- ½ cup coconut, shredded
- 1 tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- 3. Add egg whites and mix well, ensuring that all ingredients are coated.
- 4. Spread in a thin layer over a large baking tray covered in baking paper (use 2 trays if you don’t have one large enough).
- 5. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- 6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Note: For a vegan option replace the egg whites with ½ cup coconut oil.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry or fridge for up to 2 weeks. Alternatively, omit the raspberries, and this granola will keep for up to 2 months (if it lasts that long!)
Can be frozen, stored in airtight container and sealed in a plastic freezer bag. Alternatively, freeze smaller portions in zip lock bags for convenience.