Nothing is better in school or work lunches than a freshly baked deliciously fluffy muffin. I created these delicious vegan, refined sugar free muffins combining two of my favourite things; chocolate and fruit.
RASPBERRY CHOC CHIP MUFFINS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 207.25 (2487)
- Carbs: 23.6 (283)
- Fat: 11.1 (133)
- Protein: 3.33 (40)
- Sodium: 0.03 (0.453)
- Sugar: 13 (65)
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of Nuvia Baking
- A sprinkle of himalayan salt
- 1 block of Loving Earth Raspberry & cashew Mylk chocolate
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries (or fresh if you would prefer)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1. Turn oven onto 200 degrees celcius, greese and line muffin tray
- 2. Sift flour, cacao, Nuvia Baking & baking powder into a medium sized bowl
- 3. Add salt, chia seeds and chocolate before mixing together and making a well in the centre.
- 4. Add in coconut oil and slowly add in almond milk stirring as you do.
- 5. Once all almond milk is mixed in, defrost raspberries and lightly fold into mixture.
- 6. Scoop mixture into muffin tin so that they are ¾ full.
- 7. Place in oven for 15 minutes before checking, if they are still soft to touch and only slightly gooey in the centre they are ready.
- 8. Pit cherries and cut in half before placing in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, cover and cook until most of the juice has been separated (3-5 minutes).
- 9. Combine the corn flour and Nuvia natural sweetener in a bowl, whilst still hot add cherries and stir well.
- 10. Return pot to the stove and heat over low heat for a few more minutes until mixture thickens, stir frequently to ensure mixture doesn’t burn. Allow to cool.
- 11. These muffins will be a little softer as this is how I prefer them. If you want them a bit firmer leave in the oven for further 5-10 mins.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Substitute normal flour for gluten free if need be, muffins won’t as fluffy but will still be super delicious
Try to mix delicately / fold batter where can to allow to aerate and not over stir.
Perfect for school lunches and / or work snacks.