A cheap and easy snack that will satisfy every sweet craving and keep your tummy fuller for longer! These oat bars are made up of only the BEST ingredients, including peanut butter and crunchy cacao nibs. There is no blender needed, simply one big mixing bowl!
PEANUT BUTTER CHOC CHIP OAT BARS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 253 (3,036)
- Carbs: 9.4 (112.8)
- Fat: 21 (252)
- Protein: 7.6 (91.2)
- Fibre: 3.7 (44.4)
- Sugar: 1.5 (18)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Dry ingredients
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup Nuvia Baking
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips)
- Wet ingredients
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 24cm x 13cm loaf pan.
- 2. Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- 3. Whisk the egg with a fork in a separate bowl and pour into the dry mix.
- 4. Add in all other wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- 5. Pour mixture into the lined pan and press until firm.
- 6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 7. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Try swapping the cacao nibs for dark chocolate chips if you are craving something sweeter.
Almond flour can be substituted for any other flour, such as wholemeal.
These bars freeze very well, we suggest cutting and portioning them before freezing so they are an easy to grab healthy snack.
Store at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.