Oatmeal is a good breakfast option for many of us as it is high in fibre and a good source of energy. This is a speedy sugar-free recipe which makes a perfect mid-morning or breakfast snack on the go. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Nutritional Breakdown: per cookie (whole recipe)
- Calories: 169 (2197)
- Carbs: 21.4 (278.2)
- Fat: 11.1 (144.3)
- Protein: 2.9 (37.7)
- Sodium: 34 (442)
- Sugar: 0.6 (7.8)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes 26 pieces (13 servings)
- 150g low-grain gluten-free flour mix
- 5g baking powder
- 2g xanthan gum
- 157g rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 8g ground flaxseed
- 30-60g Nuvia Sweetener (sweeten to taste)
- 125g melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 2. Prepare 2 baking trays by lining them with baking parchment.
- 3. Mix flaxseed with 35 g warm water in a cup. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- 4. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- 5. Spoon about 20 g of dough and flatten dough by pressing it onto the baking tray to form a round cookie.
- 6. Repeat the process with the remaining dough to form more cookies.
- 7. Lay the pressed cookie dough evenly with at least 1-inch spacing in between each pressed dough.
- 8. Put to bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- 9. Remove from oven and put to cool.
- 10. Store in airtight containers for up to 1 week.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
You could add dried fruits or nuts into the cookie dough before baking.
When choosing rolled oats, avoid those that contain sugar.