Who needs store bought chocolate bars when you’ve got recipes like this. Think a cherry ripe but without the cherry and with a little hint of matcha! Matcha powder is made from ground up green tea leaves and is exceptionally high in EGCG – a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to boost your immune system and help with weight loss. Since the flavour is a little strong, adding it to delicious recipes like this is an awesome way to get more of this impressive antioxidant into your life.
NO BAKE MATCHA CHOCOLATE BARS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per bar (whole recipe)
- Calories: 95.79 (1915.8)
- Carbs: 4.9845 (99.69)
- Fat: 15.3705 (307.41)
- Protein: 1.6115 (32.23)
- Sugar: 1.5475 (30.95)
- Fibre: 3.03 (60.6)
- Preparation time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Makes 20 bars
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup Nuvia Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the chocolate. Press into a small tray lined with baking paper and place in the freezer for one hour or the fridge for three hours or overnight.
- 2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each. Alternatively, place the chocolate in a bowl over a small pot of gently simmering water. Stir until melted. Leave to cool slightly for 10–15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, remove the tray from the fridge and slice into 20 bars.
- 4. To cover the bars in chocolate, dip each bar into the melted chocolate and place on a wire rack. Continue with each bar then place in the fridge to set. To stop the coconut mixture from melting, you may wish to do this in two or three batches.
- 5. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks.