Ah banana bread. There’s really nothing better than baking a loaf of banana bread on the weekend and indulging in a slice whilst it’s warm. Anyone agree? I created this banana bread with some hidden gems that will elevate your next banana bread and that will certainly become a crowd favourite!
NICE BANANA BREAD
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 176 (1760)
- Carbs: 36.9 (369)
- Fat: 1.2 (12)
- Protein: 5.2 (52)
- Sodium: 0.27 (2.775)
- Sugar: 3.5 (35)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 x over ripe bananas
- 2 & ½ cups of flour ( 1 x plain, 1 & ½ SR)
- ½ a cup of quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp of Nuvia Baking (or Nuvia natural sweetener)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of white chia seeds
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 & 1/3 cups of almond milk
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- 2. In a medium sized bowl mash bananas, add all wet ingredients into bowl and stir
- 3. In a separate larger bowl sift flour, cinnamon & baking powder.
- 4. In the same bowl add in chia seeds, quinoa flakes, Nuvia and stir.
- 5. Make a well with with the dry ingredients and add in wet ingredients
- 6. Fold wet ingredients into dry to allow for aeration to occur.
- 7. Grease banana bread tray and line with baking paper.
- 8. Pour batter into tray and sprinkle with chia and cinnamon
- 9. Place in oven for 20 minutes before checking.
- 10. After 20 minutes if banana bread is golden brown and springs back when you touch it, bring out of the oven.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Substitute normal flour for gluten free flour if need be, ensuring to change the liquid content slightly as well.
Chia will soak up any liquids in batter so make sure to add more liquid if the batter seems too dry.
If you want a firmer loaf leave in the oven for longer.
I also love adding cacao or vegan chocolate to the mix to make a super indulgent bread.