Who thinks the mini version of food is so much better? I definitely think the smaller, cuter versions of my favourites are more enjoyable to eat. These mini swiss meringues are super easy to make, with only a few ingredients. I’ve paired mine up with some cream, mango and passionfruit! You can swap out the toppings for anything else that floats your boat. Some berries or a berry coulis. Perhaps even a chocolate cream and raspberries?
MINI SWISS MERINGUES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 37 (444)
- Carbs: 2.4 (28.8)
- Fat: 2.7 (32.4)
- Protein: 1.2 (14.4)
- Fibre: 0.2 (2.4)
- Sugar: 2 (24)
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes (plus 2 hours of cooling)
- 3 eggs whites
- 2/3 cup Nuvia Baking
- 100ml light whipping cream (coconut cream for DF)
- 2 mangos, cheeks thinly sliced
- Pulp of 2 passionfruits
- Mint to garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 140C and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- 2. Combine the Nuvia Baking and eggs whites in a large heatproof bowl then place over a saucepan of water on low heat.
- 3. Whisk until Nuvia is completely dissolved and mixture is slightly warm to touch (this should take 5-7 mins).
- 4. Remove from heat and use electric beaters to whip the egg white mixture till it becomes glossy and forms soft peaks.
- 5. Use a tablespoon to spoon out the mixture on to the prepared trays and use the back of the spoon, moving in a circular movement to flatten the meringues.
- 6. Bake for 40 mins
- 7. Turn the oven off and leave it a jar (towel or wooden spoon wedge in the frame is good for this) for 2 hours or until meringues are completely cool.
- 8. Meanwhile whip the cream with electric beaters until soft peaks form
- 9. Remove the meringues from the oven, top with cream and layer on the mango and a tsp. of passionfruit pulp. Finish off with a sprig of mint.