There’s something about mini food that I love. They’re bite size and the perfect snack/little dessert. These mini cheesecakes have been such a hit with the family that I just had to share it with you all. Enjoy these delicious bites of cheesecake!
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 323.7 (3884)
- Carbs: 22 (264)
- Fat: 22.6 (271)
- Protein: 7.8 (94)
- Sodium: 0.05 (0.57)
- Sugar: 3.7 (44)
- Preparation and cooking time: 2.5 hours (including chilling time)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 100 ml water, approx.
- 1 & ½ tablespoons Agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 400g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, berries, strawberry/berry coulis
- For the base
- 1. Preheat oven to 200° C. Prepare 12-hole muffin pan by spraying with a little oil.
- 2. Place the rolled oats in a food processor and grind to a flour consistency.
- 3. Add coconut oil and continue to pulse until the mixture forms a crumble.
- 4. Add agave syrup, pinch of salt and water and blend until it comes together in a dough like consistency.
- 5. Divide mixture into 12 pieces and press into muffin pan.
- 6. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7. Carefully remove each base and set aside to cool while preparing the filling.
- For the filling
- 1. Place cream cheese, yogurt, Nuvia sweetener, lemon juice and zest and vanilla extract in a bowl or food processor and mix all ingredients together until well combined and smooth.
- 2. Mix gelatine powder with 3 tablespoons cold water and set over hot water, mixing until all gelatine is well dissolved.
- 3. Add gelatine to filling mixture and mix thoroughly to evenly distribute gelatine.
- 4. Fill each base with filling mixture, top with strawberries or any fruits desired and place in refrigerator to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 5. Serve as they are or topped with our strawberry or mixed berry coulis. (see recipe)
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Can be stored covered with cling wrap or placed in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months in an airtight container wrapped in a freezer bag. Simply remove desired portions and allow to sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
If you have any extra filling left over, don’t discard it. Simply layer up in individual glass jars/tumblers or bowls with granola or crushed biscuits (our chocolate chip cookies work a treat), fresh berries or fruit until all used up. Then place in the refrigerator to set as per the recipe instructions above.