MEDITERRANEAN SEAFOOD WITH GARLIC & CHILLI
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 749.75 (2999)
- Carbs: 29 (116)
- Fat: 16.5 (66)
- Protein: 104.25 (417)
- Sodium: 1416 (5664)
- Sugar: 12.25 (49)
- Approximate preparation and cooking time – 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long red chillis, finely chopped
- 8 large tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 kg mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 250g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 400g firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 blue swimmer crabs, cleaned and halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup flat leave parsley, chopped
- 1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a deep saucepan, add garlic and chilli and fry, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Add chopped tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes then add wine and bring to the boil, allowing wine to reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add vegetable stock, stir and let everything simmer for 10 minutes which allows the liquid to reduce and the flavours to intensify.
- 4. Add crabs, allow to cook for 5 minutes before adding the remaining of the seafood.
- 5. Season, cover and allow to simmer for a further 5-7 minutes.
- 6. Turn the heat off, stir through most of the basil and parsley.
- 7. Discard any mussels that are unopened.
- 8. Serve seafood in deep bowls, sprinkled with extra basil and parsley.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Great with fresh crusty bread or alternatively turn it into a delicious marinara and serve mixed through a pasta of your choice.
Can be refrigerated for 1 day, not suitable for freezing.