This delicious, healthy recipe makes a perfect sugar-free alternative for a Christmas spread or toasted brie sandwich and it only requires 5 ingredients. It’s sweet, tart, fruity and delicious. We’ve been adding a dollop to salads and sandwiches in the Nuvia office too!
LOW CARB, SUGAR-FREE CRANBERRY AND CHERRY SAUCE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per jar (whole recipe)
- Calories: 538 (1076)
- Carbs: 121.5 (243)
- Fat: 3.5 (7)
- Protein: 4 (8)
- Sodium: 0.03 (0.053)
- Sugar: 85.5 (171)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutesMakes 2 jars worth
- 4 sachets Nuvia Sweetener
- 200g dried cranberries (classic, or with no added sugar)
- 700g fresh cherries (you could use fresh cranberries if you can get hold of them)
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 small cup of water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Pit the cherries. We recommend using your fingers to squeeze out the stones.
- 2. Chop the cherries into small pieces (roughly quarter sized).
- 3. Place everything in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, until a sauce has formed and all the water has gone.
- 4. Remove from the heat and stir through the vanilla extract.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
This sauce will keep in a sterilised jar for up to a week and can be frozen
Nuvia Suggested Sandwich Combos (as tested by us ;))
VEGAN SANDWICH: Cranberry and cherry sauce, smashed avocado, vegan mayo, spinach, crushed walnuts
CLASSIC VEGI TOASTIE: Cranberry and cherry sauce, sliced brie, spinach
LEFT-OVER TURKEY ROAST: Cranberry and cherry sauce, sliced turkey, stuffing, spinach