This keto lemon poppy seed cake with blueberries recipe is the ultimate combination between a lemon poppy seed cake and your favourite keto fruit, blueberries!
KETO LEMON, POPPY SEED, BLUEBERRY CAKE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 130 (1560)
- Carbs: 5.5 (66)
- Fat: 12 (144)
- Protein: 4 (48)
- Fiber: 2.5 (30)
- Sugar: 2.6 (32)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (1 large lemon juiced)
- 1/3 cup Nuvia Baking
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Nuvia Baking
- 1 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1. Brownie Base: Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- 2. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together. Whisk in the melted butter.
- 3. Add the coconut flour, lemon juice, Nuvia Baking, poppy seeds, gelatin powder and salt; mix together until well combined.
- 4. Fold the blueberries into the mixture using a spatula.
- 5. Place the mixture into a 4" x 8" (10 cm x 20 cm) bread loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the middle clean.
- 6. Whilst cake is baking, use a food processor to blend Nuvia Baking until it resembles confectioners sugar (icing sugar).
- 7. Pour this mixture into a bowl along with the butter and a small amount of lemon juice. Mix together with a hand mixer until smooth; keep adding lemon juice until it turns into a glaze, thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 8. Place this in the fridge until your cake is ready to go.
- 9. Once cake is cooked let it completely cool before icing.