These fritters pack a nutritional punch. They’re chock-a-block full of good stuff like kale, peas, feta and spelt flour making them a good source of fibre, B vitamins, antioxidants as well as vitamin C. Team them up with poached eggs and a side of mushrooms for the perfect Sunday brunch.
KALE AND FETA FRITTERS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 209 (1672)
- Carbs: 28.9 (231.2)
- Fat: 5.5 (44)
- Protein: 10.1 (80.8)
- Sodium: 0.85 (6.8)
- Sugar: 3.9 (31.2)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. Nuvia sweetener
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 bunch kale, shredded
- 1 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. lemon rind
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Whisk milk and egg in a mixing bowl
- 2. Sift flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and add Nuvia.
- 3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly add milk and egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- 4. Gently fold in kale, chives, peas, feta and garlic.
- 5. Add salt and pepper
- 6. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and grease with spray vegetable oil.
- 7. Spoon batter into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- 8. Repeat with remaining mixture.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Serve with side salad and garnish with crumbled feta and chopped chives.