This shake is one serious energy booster, perfect for a pre or post workout feed, you’ve got protein for muscle recovery, coconut butter and MCT for instant energy, and coffee and cacao for a natural boost. I’ve used frozen zucchini in this shake to give it some creaminess without sugar, and trust me this will really keep you going until your next meal.
ICED MOCHA MCT POWER SHAKE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per 2 servings (whole recipe)
- Calories: 284.3 (568.6)
- Carbs: 9.985 (19.97)
- Fat: 14.56 (29.12)
- Protein: 29.98 (59.96)
- Sugar: 5.51 (11.02)
- Fibre: 4.4 (8.8)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 2 zucchinis, chopped, frozen
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 250ml brewed and cooled coffee
- 125ml almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
- 2 sachets Nuvia Sweetener
- 1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve.
MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides, it’s a form of fat molecule that your liver uses as instant energy when there is no glucose in the system. However if it’s not your thing… this smoothie is just as good without it, you still get the satiating fats from the coconut butter!