Low carb, vegan and gluten free. These little cups are filled with peanut butter deliciousness and are super easy to make. We recommend playing around with different fillings such as fresh raspberries, peanut butter and jam or walnut and sea salt. YUM. They’re the perfect bite size sweet treat delicious straight from the fridge or freezer.
HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 98 (1764)
- Carbs: 4.94 (89)
- Fat: 8.72 (157)
- Protein: 1.4 (26)
- Sodium: 0.007 (0.137)
- Sugar: 2.17 (39)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Setting time: 30 minutes
- 2 dark chocolate bars (could be dairy free)
- 1 Nuvia Sweetener stick
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Line a mini muffin pan with 18 mini liners.
- 2. Melt half the chocolate, either in a bowl over a pan of just boiled water or in short bursts in a microwave. Melting in a bowl gives you more control over the heat, especially if using dairy-free chocolate. If the chocolate gets too hot it will seize up. Once it begins to melt you can stir the bowl off the heat until it has melted completely.
- 3. Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate to the bottom of each cup and push it up the sides of each cup with your spoon. Place the pan in the freezer for a few minutes to harden the chocolate.
- 4. Place the peanut butter in a pan with the Nuvia Sweetener, coconut oil, maple syrup/honey and pinch of salt. Heat gently until the peanut butter has softened and everything is the same consistency and well blended.
- 5. Add half a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture to the peanut butter cups and place back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Melt the remaining bar of chocolate in the same way as before. Add to the top of the peanut butter cups. Sprinkle with extra salt if desired.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Instead of peanut butter try another nut butter.
Add a dollop of no added sugar jam or a fresh raspberry with the filling.
Go all chocolate with no filling and extra sea salt on top.
Try adding crushed nuts through the chocolate base.