This refined sugar-free banana break is made extra moist by the addition of yogurt or milk. It works as a great base recipe which can be tweaked with the addition of dried fruit, chocolate or nuts.
HEALTHY BANANA, YOGURT AND WALNUT LOAF
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 252.1 (2521)
- Carbs: 22.9 (229)
- Fat: 16.2 (162)
- Protein: 5.3 (53)
- Sodium: 0.0353 (0.353)
- Sugar: 9.3 (93)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45-55 minutes
- 2 eggs (could use flax eggs)
- 100g coconut oil or light olive oil , melted
- 60g honey
- 2 Nuvia Sweetener sachets
- 85g milk or yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe large bananas
- 160g whole wheat white flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 75g chocolate chips, walnuts or raisins (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 C. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- 2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, honey, milk and vanilla for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, flour mixture and an extra ingredients if using.
- 4. Pour the batter into the greased tin, sprinkle with more cinnamon and bake for 45 – 55 minutes until quite firm in the centre to touch. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Could use 2 flax eggs, maple syrup and soy milk for a vegan version
Slice and wrap in the freezer for an easy grab and go breakfast or afternoon treat
Delicious served toasted a dollop of yogurt and handful of berries!