Delicious chocolate chip cookies that the whole family will enjoy without the guilt. There definitely won’t be any leftovers for tomorrow, best to make a double batch!
GUILT-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per cookie (whole recipe)
- Calories: 154.19 (2467)
- Carbs: 15 (240)
- Fat: 9.69 (155)
- Protein: 2.56 (41)
- Sodium: 35.56 (569)
- Sugar: 0.38 (6)
- Makes approx. 15-18 cookies
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 125g unsalted, softened butter
- 130g dark chocolate chips (or use 100g 70% cocoa chocolate, roughly chopped / If you want the recipe to be completely sugar free use Cacao nibs or sugar-free chocolate chips.)
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment.
- 2. Sift flour, baking powder and Nuvia Sweetener into a bowl.
- 3. Add softened butter and work through with fingers to form a crumb-like texture.
- 4. Add egg, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly until it all comes together into a soft dough (the mixture should not be sticky).
- 5. Roll mixture into balls (approx. 1 tbsp in size.), place on the lined baking tray and press down to flatten slightly.
- 6. Bake in the oven for approx. 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray and then place on a cooling rack until completely cool.
- 8. Store in an airtight container for up 2 weeks, although we know they won’t last that long!
Can be frozen for up to 6 months. Shape cookies and layer between parchment paper and stored in an airtight container stored in a plastic bag. Reheat by placing frozen cookies on a baking tray and placing in a pre-heated oven for approximately 5-10 minutes.