There’s nothing I love more than enjoying a refreshing cocktail with friends on a beautiful warm summers day in the lead up to Christmas. Which is why I had to get creative in order to keep it as healthy as possible… This sugar free cocktail packs a punch of flavour and looks just as good! It’s an absolute go-to for me come the festive season, minus all the added sugars!
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 225 (3,375)
- Carbs: 14.3 (214.5)
- Fat: 18.6 (279)
- Protein: 4.1 (61.5)
- Sodium: 0.02 (0.4)
- Sugar: 2.4 (36)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups mixed nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, almonds and brazil)
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 3 heaped tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons Nuvia sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and place your nuts and buckwheat into a large bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile in a small saucepan over low heat melt your coconut oil until it’s reached a liquid consistency. Take off heat, add your spices, honey and nuvia and mix well.
- 3. Pour coconut mixture into bowl with nuts and buckwheat and stir through until all of it is coated.
- 4. Place on a lined baking tray evenly and place in oven for 10 minutes. Take out and add shredded coconut, then place back into the oven for another 10 minutes until it’s toasted golden.
- 5. Take out and allow to cool completely before placing into storage jars.