Peanut butter and chocolate… a match made in dessert heaven and PERFECT in brownies! Now what if I told you that these brownies were vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free? I know, I’m just as shocked as you are. With chickpeas as the hidden sneaky secret ingredient (trust me, you can’t taste them), these brownies are the ultimate combination of dense, fudgey and well, they literally taste naughty!
FUDGEY CHOC PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 256.2 (3074)
- Carbs: 22.6 (271)
- Fat: 14.9 (179)
- Protein: 6.7 (80)
- Fibre: 43.4 (521)
- Sugar: 10.5 (126)
- Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 slices
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water to soften, then drained
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ⅔ cup plant based milk
- 1 tsp Nuvia plant based sweetener, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Runny peanut butter (for drizzling)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C or 160˚C fan forced.
- 2. Drain the chickpeas and pitted dates and add to a food processor or blender. Mix until soft and combined.
- 3. Add the coconut oil, peanut butter, milk and vanilla extract and blend.
- 4. Add in the oat flour, salt and Nuvia and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. You may need to add a little more milk to get the right consistency. The batter should be rather thick and will hold its form well.
- 5. Mix in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- 6. Transfer into a baking tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Allow to cool then drizzle with extra peanut butter!
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Best served warm, straight out of the oven or reheated in the microwave/oven, with a dollop of vegan ice cream!
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.