Sometimes you just can’t beat a bowl of freshly chopped tomatoes, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a zesty lemon juice dressing and a sprinkle of sea salt. We’ve gone back to the basics with this deliciously refreshing salsa. It’ll work as part of a salad, Mexican feast, bruschetta dish, or as a corn chip’s best friend.
FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 322.33 (967)
- Carbs: 23 (69)
- Fat: 26.33 (79)
- Protein: 3.67 (11)
- Sodium: 22 (66)
- Sugar: 17.67 (53)
- Serves 3
- 8 Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & minced (optional)
- ½ cup freshly chopped coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Combine the diced tomatoes and coriander in a bowl.
- 2. Chop and mix everything else through the tomatoes.
- 3. Enjoy immediately for a fresh flavour, allow to marinate for an hour for more of a mellow one or store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container and the salsa will breakdown into a tomato sauce.
Try adding a pinch of Nuvia Sweetener to bring out the sweetness in the tomatoes.