These delicious zucchini and feta muffins are light and fluffy and packed full of flavour.
Creating as part of our sugar-free cleanse? Keep the rest of the batch in the freezer for a grab and go breakfast or snack, or turn 2 into a lunch with some salad leaves and sugar-free sweet chilli sauce.
FETA AND ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 151.1 (1813)
- Carbs: 10.99 (132)
- Fat: 8.83 (106)
- Protein: 5.33 (64)
- Sodium: 254.25 (3051)
- Sugar: 1.24 (14)
- Approximate preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly grated pepper
- 1½ cups grated zucchini, squeezed to remove liquid
- 1 cup crumbled feta (preferably a harder style such as Bulgarian or Dodoni)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsps mint, freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, freshly chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2. Lightly spray a 12 hole, ¼ cup capacity muffin tray and set aside.
- 3. Combine sifted flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 4. Add the grated zucchini, feta, mint and dill and stir well to combine.
- 5. In a large jug, whisk buttermilk, eggs and olive oil until just combined and add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- 6. Mix until just combined and divide evenly between the muffin cups.
- 7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and muffins have risen.
- 8. Remove from oven, allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tray and placing on a wire rack to cool.
Will keep for 2 days stored in an airtight container or wrapped in cling wrap or plastic bag.
Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months, wrapped tightly in cling film or foil and sealed in a freezer bag.