With only four ingredients and two for garnish this is hands down the easiest, most impressive and delicious guilt-free, lactose-free dessert that you will make all festive season… Created by our chef Jess who recommends preparing it a day or two in advance so all you have to do on the take is take it out of the fridge and tuck in. That’s our kinda recipe!
FESTIVE PANNA COTTA
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 130 (520)
- Carbs: 19 (76)
- Fat: 1.25 (5)
- Protein: 2.75 (11)
- Sodium: 74.75 (299)
- Sugar: 17.75 (71)
- Cooking time - 3-5 minutes
Setting time - 4-5 hours
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsps Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla paste with seeds
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 1-2 punnets of fresh raspberries
- Mint leaves
- 1. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for approximately 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small heavy based pot add your almond milk, vanilla bean paste and Nuvia Sweetener.
- 3. Heat on low for approximately three to five minutes or until your almond milk reaches a simmer, do not let the milk boil as it is likely to split. As soon as it simmers, turn it off immediately.
- 4. Remove the gelatine leaves from the water and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- 5. Place the gelatine into the milk mixture and stir until the leaves have completely dissolved. For this step I recommend a spatula as opposed to a whisk. A whisk will create bubbles that will set into your final product making is less pretty.
- 6. Pour into 4 serving dishes, ramekins, small bowl or decorative glasses.
- 7. Let the panna cotta mix cool for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to the fridge for 4-5 hours or until set. A set panna cotta will wiggle like a soft jelly, be firm, but not hard and gelatinous.
- 8. Once set, top your delicious panna cotta's with fresh raspberries and garnish with mint. Prepare your garnish just before serving, not in advance so that your berries and mint look beautifully fresh.
TIP AND TWEAKS
Note- for a vegan version of this recipe you could use agar agar to set your panna cotta. Just follow the instructions on the back of the packet for your according amount of liquid, 500 millilitres.
This recipe works well with any type of fruit, you could even mix different types of fruit on top, whatever is in season can work! Strawberries and Mango are a personal favourite!