Relieve old school nostalgia with everyone’s favourite custard egg tart! Sink your teeth into this sugar-free recipe for a blast to the past, guilt free!
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 187.6 (1876)
- Carbs: 14.2 (142)
- Fat: 11.1 (111)
- Protein: 7.2 (72)
- Sodium: 0.274 (2.74)
- Sugar: 4.4 (11)
- Preparation time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ tsp Nuvia Sweetener
- 80g blended oats
- 100g almond flour
- 100g whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- 150ml hot water
- 3 whole eggs
- 200ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Cream butter with the eggs and Nuvia Sweetener.
- 2. Mix in the dry mixture and knead to dough. It will be slightly sticky.
- 3. Wrap the dough and refrigerate for 45 mins.
- 4. Remove dough from fridge and measure out the dough equally (I divided it into 10 tart moulds), rolling into balls of (2 inches in diameter)
- 5. Press down each dough ball into the tart mould (3 inches) to make tart shells.
- 1. Mix in Nuvia Sweetener with the hot water to dissolve and then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 2. Beat eggs with almond milk and vanilla essence.
- 3. After the sweetened water has cool to room temperature, mix it in to the egg mixture.
- 4. Sift egg mixture twice to get a smooth mixture.
- Assembly of the egg tart
- 1. Lay the tart shells and carefully pour the egg mixture in.
- 2. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 min or until the egg layer looks firm.
- 3. Serve and enjoy while it is hot. Best consumed within 2 days.