Edamame beans are a staple whenever you visit a Japanese restaurant! They’re perfect for snacking on whilst waiting for your other meals. However in this recipe I decided to make them the star of my salad. This salad is packed with heaps of great vegetables and is oh so delicious. ENJOY!
EDAMAME BEAN SALAD
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 175.5 (1053)
- Carbs: 19.8 (119)
- Fat: 6.5 (39)
- Protein: 12 (72)
- Sodium: 0.02 (0.11)
- Sugar: 9 (54)
- Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
- 500g edamame beans
- 270g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 200g spinach, finely chopped
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, halved and chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Handful of parsley leaves
- 1. Put the sliced onion in a bowl, add the vinegar and toss well.
- 2. Meanwhile bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the edamame beans. Boil for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, spinach, pomegranate seeds, pepper and cucumber to the bowl with sliced onion and stir well.
- 4. Once cooled, add the edamame beans.
- 5. Scatter the pumpkin seeds and do a final mix of all the ingredients.
- 6. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.