Using crunchy cacao nibs as a topping on this creamy smoothie really reminds me of eating a delicious bowl of cookie cereal. This smoothie is oh-so-creamy and completely fruit-free! While fruit is a healthy addition to the diet, it can really add to the sugar content of your day… so exploring some fruit-free smoothies are a great way to reduce overall sugar intake. If you’re scrunching your nose up at the idea of putting cauliflower and zucchini in a smoothie, give it a go and see just how creamy this smoothie ends up!
CREAMY CASHEW COOKIE BOWL
- Nutritional Breakdown: per 2 portions (whole recipe)
- Calories: 427.35 (854.7)
- Carbs: 25.05 (50.5)
- Fat: 21.785 (43.57)
- Protein: 37.515 (75.03)
- Sugar: 9.85 (19.7)
- Fibre: 6.1 (12.2)
- Preparation time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup cashews, raw, soaked in water for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 1 zucchini, chopped, frozen.
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped, frozen.
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder.
- 1 tablespoon maca powder.
- 2 sachets Nuvia Sweetener.
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream.
- 500ml almond milk or milk of choice.
- To serve
- Extra raw cashews.
- Cacao nibs.
- Raw cacao powder.
- 1. Soak cashews ahead of time and leave in the fridge.
- 2. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 3. Top with cashews, cacao nibs and cacao powder.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
To make this smoothie vegan, go for a pea or brown rice based protein.
Soaking the cashews adds to the creaminess of this recipe. If you don’t have 30 minutes to soak the cashews, simply place them in boiling water for five minutes to soften them.