This little jar makes the perfect grab and go breakfast. A mix of chia seeds and flaxseeds makes this pudding-like breakfast a great alternative to overnight oats. I’ve chosen to use seeds instead of oats as they are higher in satiating healthy fats and lower in carbohydrates. And of course, this is a great recipe to prep so it’s ready in the fridge to grab and go. You can even enjoy it both cold and hot! To serve, top with some yoghurt (this will boost the protein content) and your favourite fruits. For lower sugar options, go for berries and kiwi!
COCONUT CHIA JARS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 292.5 (1170)
- Carbs: 22.4 (89.5)
- Fat: 17.4 (69.6)
- Protein: 13.8 (55.4)
- Fibre: 6.125 (24.5)
- Sugar: 14.4 (57.8)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + overnight setting
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon Nuvia Sweetener
- 1L coconut milk or milk of choice
- To serve
- 2 cups full-fat greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt (½ cup per serve)
- Fruit of choice
- Nuts of choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chia seeds, flax seeds, Nuvia and coconut milk and stir well. Store in the fridge overnight.
- 2. To assemble the four jars, divide the chia mixture between the jars, top with yoghurt, fruit, nuts and cinnamon and leave in the fridge to grab on your way to work!