7-ingredient sweet coconut loaf with bursts of blueberries. Enjoy it as it, or toast it with a little butter for something extra special.
COCONUT AND BLUEBERRY LOAF
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 173 (2,076)
- Carbs: 17.7 (212.4)
- Fat: 10.4 (124.8)
- Protein: 3.3 (39.6)
- Fibre: 2.1 (25.2)
- Sugar: 2.6 (31.2)
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 ¾ cups desiccated coconut (+2tbsp for top of loaf)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup Nuvia Baking
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl combine coconut and coconut milk, cover and stand on bench for 30mins.
- 2. Preheat oven to 160C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- 3. Stir Nuvia, egg and vanilla into coconut mixture using a wooden spoon. Then sift in flour and stir to combine. Finally fold in frozen blueberries.
- 4. Spoon mixture into loaf tin and sprinkle with excess coconut.
- 5. Bake in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in loaf tin for 20 minutes before turn out onto wire wrack.