These nut-free oaty muffins make for a perfect snack or an easy on-the-go breakfast that can be mixed with some yoghurt and berries! They are cheap to make and kid-friendly, making them a great idea for school or uni lunch boxes.
CINNAMON OAT MUFFINS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 152 (1,520)
- Carbs: 13.7 (137)
- Fat: 9.4 (94)
- Protein: 4 (40)
- Fibre: 5.2 (52)
- Sugar: 2.3 (23)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes 10 medium-sized muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats.
- 2 apples.
- 1/3 cup Nuvia Baking.
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C and spray a large muffin pan.
- 2. Grate the apples and pour into a bowl.
- 3. Add all other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- 4. Spoon evenly into the muffin pan until the holes are ¾ full.
- 5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and then let cool.
- 6. Once cool, remove from the tray and store in the fridge/cupboard!
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Perfect for school lunch boxes, especially because they are nut free.
Olive oil can be exchanged for any oil.
Can be broken and served with yoghurt and fruit for a healthy snack or breakfast.