Work days often mean office biscuits! This can be hard for anyone to say no to which is why we’ve come up with this insanely delicious Cinnamon Donut Cookies. Cinnamon is a natural blood sugar balancer and is naturally sweet! These cookies are sweetened with Nuvia, making them a great sugar free alternative to the office cookies (or donuts!) on offer, and since they’re insanely tasty, they make a great offering to your co-workers, who doesn’t love healthy treats!
CINNAMON DONUT COOKIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 106.7 (1922)
- Carbs: 2.40 (43.24)
- Fat: 10.3 (185.3)
- Protein: 2.73 (49.24)
- Fibre: 1.58 (28.6)
- Sugar: 0.008 (0.16)
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 100g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. In a bowl, combine almond meal, Nuvia Sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Add in the butter and vanilla and mix well. Add egg and combine. You may need to use hands to fully combine the dough.
- 3. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and slightly flatten with your hands. Place on the baking tray and repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.