A quick, healthy and protein-packed bar you can keep in the freezer as a grab-and-go snack or breakfast on the move. Jess Tichonczuk from My Kitchen Rules created these delicious bars for us and we love them.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per bar (whole recipe)
- Calories: 541.4 (5414)
- Carbs: 19.3 (193)
- Fat: 45.2 (452)
- Protein: 13.4 (134)
- Sodium: 87.6 (876)
- Sugar: 14.9 (149)
- Makes - 10 bars
- 180g dried dates
- 180g raw almonds
- 7g instant coffee
- 65g vanilla protein powder
- 25g cacao nibs
- 25g cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1. Soak dates in boiling water for ten minutes and strain.
- 2. Place almonds into a food processor & pulse until you have a coarse bread crumb consistency.
- 3. Add dates & blend again until you have a paste. (Roughly 60 seconds).
- 4. Add cacao, nibs, protein powder, salt, coffee & Nuvia Sweetener.
- 5. Pulse to combine, slowly drizzling in the coconut oil.
- 6. Your protein bar mix should be the consistency of a thick cookie dough.
- 7. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the mix into the tin evenly.
- 8. Add coconut to the food processor and blend until you have a coarse coconut crumb.
- 9. Spread coconut on top of the protein bars and press down lightly to stick the coconut on.
- 10. Freeze for 45 minutes, turn out of the tin & cut into 10 slices.