Oozing peanut butter encased in a fudgy chocolate cookie. Could there be a better combination?
CHOCOLATE PEANUT STUFFED COOKIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 194 (3,880)
- Carbs: 13.4 (268)
- Fat: 14.7 (294)
- Protein: 4.5 (90)
- Fiber: 1.6 (32)
- Sugar: 3.8 (76)
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- ½ cup Nuvia baking
- 1tbsp. coconut sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cacao
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Peanut butter stuffing
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1. First prepare the peanut butter center stuffing. Combine the peanut butter and coconut oil in a small bowl. Divide the mixture into 20 moulds – ice cube trays or chocolate moulds work perfectly (see notes, if you do not have molds)*. Then set in the freezer for 30 mins while you make the cookie mixture.
- 2. Preheat oven to 160C and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- 3. Cream the butter, coconut sugar, Nuvia baking and peanut butter together with electric beaters until butter becomes light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- 4. Sift flour, cacao and baking powder into butter mixture. Use a wooden spoon to fold the flour into the butter to form a soft dough. If the mixture is crumble mix in 1 tbsp. of milk at a time until mixture comes together as a smooth dough.
- 5. Divide the mixture into twenty balls of equal size. Using your hands, flatten a ball and then place a piece of the set peanut butter mixture into the center and fold the cookie dough around it to enclose it.
- 6. Place on the tray and put 3 choc chips on the top of the cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins. Remove and allow to cool on a wire wrack.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
If you don’t have appropriate moulds for the peanut butter stuffing then place the bowl of peanut butter mixture into the freezer for 20 mins. Remove and scoop ½ tsp. of mixture into a mound onto a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Return to the freezer for 20 mins.