Nothing is better than a light and fluffy chocolate cake, especially when it is gluten free, dairy free and of course refined sugar free. This cake tastes and smells amazing and is the perfect after dinner dessert!
CHOCOLATE OLIVE OIL CAKE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 370 (3,330)
- Carbs: 8.3 (74.7)
- Fat: 27 (243)
- Protein: 17.7 (159.3)
- Fibre: 8.7 (78.3)
- Sugar: 1.3 (11.7)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal.
- ½ cup cacao powder.
- ½ cup Nuvia Baking.
- ½ cup olive oil.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- ¼ cup water.
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a square or round cake tin.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
- 3. Pour into lined tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- 4. Let it cool before cutting.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Substitute almond meal for any other flour to make it nut-free.
Substitute the cacao powder for cocoa powder if it is more accessible.
Perfect with a hot chocolate or coffee for morning or afternoon tea.