This recipe uses a basic homemade chocolate that can be used in many ways. Here I’ve teamed it with nuts and coconut for a bit of crunch, and my personal favourite? Roasted hazelnuts. This recipe can get a little messy when chopping it up, but that’s just more crumbs for eating right? This is a great base recipe to tweak, simply add your favourite nuts or seeds, as well as any other ingredients you love! Some ideas are cacao nibs or dried fruit.
CHOCOLATE CRUNCH BARS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 323.7 (3884)
- Carbs: 22 (264)
- Fat: 22.6 (271)
- Protein: 7.8 (94)
- Sodium: 0.05 (0.57)
- Sugar: 3.7 (44)
- Preparation time: 20 (including chilling time)
- 1 cup cacao butter
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed nuts, dry roasted and chopped
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over a low heat, melt the cacao butter, cacao, Nuvia and vanilla until combined.
- 3. Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts and coconut. Spread mixture into the lined tin and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour. Slice and serve or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.