Most children (and adults too!) won’t be able to resist these irresistible soft and chewy cookies.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 82.93 (2488)
- Carbs: 10.13 (304)
- Fat: 4.53 (136)
- Protein: 0.43 (13)
- Sodium: 87.37 (2621)
- Sugar: 2.70 (81)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Makes 30 small cookies
- 250g gluten-free plain flour
- 3g xanthan gum
- 3g baking soda
- 2g sea salt
- 40 - 80g Nuvia Sweetener (sweeten to taste)
- 24g apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 115g melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 50g agave syrup
- 65g (dairy-free) chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 170 C.
- 2. Prepare 2 – 3 baking trays by lining them with a sheet of parchment paper. If you don't have lots of trays the cookies can be cooked in batches.
- 3. Mix the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, sea salt and Nuvia Sweetener together in a bowl.
- 4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a dough.
- 5. Spoon about 15g of dough and flatten the dough by pressing it onto the baking tray to form a rounded cookie shape. Lay out on the trays with at least 1-inch spacing between them. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- 6. Bake for 8–10 minutes until the cookie dough turn slightly golden brown. It will continue to harden as the cookies cool.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Try dipping the delectable cookies in warm almond milk for a homely post dinner comfort.
For non gluten-free, replace the GF our and xanthan gum with unbleached plain flour.