It’s the New Year, after an indulgent Christmas. You had grand resolution plans which lasted 2 weeks? It’s now February, and you don’t know where January went. Sound familiar? Only 8% of us keep New Year’s Resolutions, so why not make some easy, healthy steps in February instead. Here’s one of our favourites which will tick the boxes for any chocolate lovers in the house… It also happens to be very easy to make + completely vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free & (therefore) guilt-free. Winning!
CHOCOLATE AND AVOCADO MOUSSE
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 220 (440)
- Carbs: 10.5 (21)
- Fat: 16.5 (33)
- Protein: 4.5 (9)
- Sodium: 23.5 (47)
- Sugar: 0 (0)
- Preparation time: 2-3 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and de-seeded
- 1.5 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp of Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp of cacao nibs
- Fresh berries, cacao nibs and or toasted nuts to to serve
- 1. This is super easy. All you have to do is place all ingredients into a deep bowl and…
- 2. Using a stick blender pulse until you have a smooth, evenly combined mousse.
- 3. Test for sweetness or chocolate flavour and adjust to your taste.
- 4. Serve and enjoy either as one large portion or share with a friend for a light dessert at the end of your meal.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
If you want an extra chocolatey flavour use 2 tbsp cacao, remembering that the more cacao you put, the more bitter your mousse will become so you may have to counterbalance that with a dash more maple syrup or Nuvia Sweetener.