A delicious on-the-go breakfast treat that pairs perfectly with yoghurt and berries. No blender needed!
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 290 (1,740)
- Carbs: 33.2 (199.2)
- Fat: 16 (96)
- Protein: 4.2 (25.2)
- Fibre: 4 (24)
- Sugar: 21 (126)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Wet ingredients
- ¼ cup honey or rice malt syryp.
- 1/3 cup Nuvia Baking.
- ¼ cup coconut oil.
- 1 tsp water.
- Dry ingredients
- ¾ cup crushed walnuts.
- 1 cup quick oats.
- ½ cup sultanas.
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut.
- ½ tsp cinnamon.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large slice tray with baking paper.
- 2. Combine all wet ingredients in a small saucepan and stir on medium heat for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- 3. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- 4. Add in all dry ingredients to the saucepan and stir until combined.
- 5. Pour the mixture onto the lined baking tray and gently push down until flat.
- 6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and leave to cool completely.
- 7. Once cooled, use your hands to break into small clusters.
- 8. Store in the fridge, best served with yoghurt and fruit.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Can be used as granola.
Can substitute the sultanas for any dried fruit of choice.
Can substitute the walnuts for any nut of choice, such as almonds.
Substitute the honey for rice malt syrup or maple syrup for vegan option.