I love baking muffins. I was never much of a baker, but that all changed early last year… now baking is a weekly thing. I love experimenting with different flavour combinations and using high fibre flours. These blueberry and dark chocolate muffins have more fibre and less sugar than a traditional muffin. And they taste pretty sweet too.
BLUEBERRY + DARK CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 180 (2160)
- Carbs: 21 (252)
- Fat: 7.8 (171.6)
- Protein: 5.7 (68.4)
- Sodium: 0.21 (2.52)
- Sugar: 6.5 (78)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 16-18 minutes
- 1¾ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup Nuvia stevia
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 100ml milk
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line muffin tray with muffin cups.
- 2. In a large bowl sift flour and baking powder and add Nuvia and cinnamon.
- 3. In a separate mixing bowl add yoghurt, milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- 4. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- 5. Gently fold in blueberries and dark chocolate chips.
- 6. Add mix to muffin cups and cook for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.