There’s nothing quite like a warm banana muffin with a hot cuppa. Banana muffins have always been a crowd favourite in my household – perfect for breakfast, snack or even dessert! These were no exception, with the additions of coffee and cacao, these are the perfect sweet treat for coffee lovers. Delicious straight out of the oven, and lathered with more peanut butter!
BANANA MOCHA-CHIP MUFFINS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 401 (2406)
- Carbs: 40.2 (241.2)
- Fat: 22.2 (133.2)
- Protein: 12.9 (77.4)
- Sodium: 0.11 (0.66)
- Sugar: 12.1 (72.6)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 6-8 large muffins
- Wet ingredients
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (I used Pics Peanutbutter)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup natural coconut yoghurt
- 1-2 shots of coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- Dry ingredients
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup wholemeal brown teff flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5-2 tsp Nuvia natural sweetener
- ¼ cup roughly chopped vegan chocolate (I used Loving Earth’s coffee ka-pow)
- 1. Mix together wet ingredients until no lumps remain.
- 2. Blend dry ingredients (besides chocolate) in high speed blender until just combined (do not over blend).
- 3. Add to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- 4. Fold through chocolate.
- 5. Pour mixture into silicon muffin pan (optional: top with more chocolate or favourite nuts)
- 6. Bake for 180C for approx. 25mins.
- 7. Allow to cool slightly before popping out of pan.
- 8. DEVOUR!
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Lasts 2 days in airtight container, or up to 4 days in the fridge.
These are best served warm, and tastes the best on the first day. If you’re planning on freezing them, I would do so straight away, and reheat in the microwave. I lathered mine in more Pics Peanut butter and banana for extra sweetness.