Who doesn’t love a good brownie? These beauties are sugar free and made with nutrient-dense almonds and cacao. I’ve made them a number of times and they are delicious using peanut, almond or macadamia nut butter. You only need a food processor and a few ingredients to create pure magic. So simple!
ALMOND BUTTER BROWNIES
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 293 (2930)
- Carbs: 11.6 (116)
- Fat: 23.1 (231)
- Protein: 12.7 (127)
- Fibre: 6.8 (68)
- Sugar: 2.1 (21)
- Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes 10 brownies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nuvia Baking
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chocolate frosting
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours in warm water
- ¼ cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Nuvia Baking
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup water, to blend
- Raspberries and coconut flakes to decorate
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a brownie tray with baking paper.
- 2. Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 3. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- 4. Meanwhile combine all of the frosting ingredients into a blender until smooth.
- 5. Once the brownie is cool spread over frosting and top with raspberries and coconut.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
Keeps for 4-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.